Right of Way Permit Information
If you are going to upgrade utilities or work in the city-owned right of way, we need to know about it!Before you start your project, look over the permit application and conditions of the permit in its entirety (link below).
The following requirements must be submitted before a Right of Way Permit is issued:
- A $15,000 permit bond with the City of Gunnison listed as the obligee.
- Proof of insurance in the amount of $424,000/$1,195,000 public liability with the City of Gunnison named as the additionally insured party.
- A Subsurface Engineering (SUE) Plan If underground boring will be used under the permit.
- A traffic plan if road closures are expected due to the work.
- A sketch or map of proposed work site.
- A completed permit application (please see below for link).
- Permit fee (please see permit application for instructions on how to calculate).
Please call Lisa Starkebaum if you have questions. 970-641-8341.
To access the Right of Way Permit Application, please click on the link below. The form should automatically download. (If it doesn't, once the form opens, please click on the download arrow.) Open the form in Adobe to allow you to fill it out and submit it.