Accounts Payable Forms
- Approval Authorization - This form allows Department Heads to delegate signature authority on vouchers and/or purchasing cards.
- Cell Phone Authorization
- Purchase Order
- Purchasing Policy
- Tax Exempt Certificate
- Vendor List
- New Vendor/Vendor Change Request
- Voucher Form - Generally checks are issued every Wednesday. Completed vouchers are due each Monday.
- Voucher Guide
- Classification of Objects
- W-9 Upload
Capital Improvement Plan Forms
The City of Gunnison provides an anonymous and confidential method for the public to report unethical or inappropriate actions with this Ethics Line. We have engaged Ethical Advocate, an organization that specializes in advocating ethical culture and behavior in the workplace, to work with us in developing systems and communications to achieve integrity, ethical behavior, openness, and the ability to quickly react to suggestions, feedback, and unethical behavior in our workplace.
Prior to submitting a report to Ethical Advocate you should make best efforts to resolve a particular issue through our administrative process and/or supervisory management, if appropriate.
No retaliatory action will be tolerated against anyone for reporting or inquiring in good faith about a potential breach in policy; or against anyone seeking assistance about the process used to report a suspected breach in policy. Be careful to ensure no personable identifying information about you or inappropriate government information is submitted.
After you submit a report, remember to log back in with your user name and password to add information or respond anonymously to any questions left for you.
What Types of Incidents Can I Report?
There are a wide range of reports that can be submitted through this service including, but not limited to:
- Conflicts of Interest
- Misuse of City Vehicles and Resources
- Timesheet Fraud/Abuse of Work Hours
- Workplace Safety
- Environmental Concerns
- Flawed Processes
- Substance Abuse
- Violation of Policies
- Process Improvement Suggestions
How Do I Make a Report?
Completing an Incident Report is easy and should not take more than 10-15 minutes. The reporting tool is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Payport is the system the City uses to collect credit card payments and e-checks from customers. Contact Ben Cowan for questions.
Property/Casualty Claim Forms
- Incident Report Form - for use when there is an incident for which there is a claim against the City or the City incurs damage as a result of a third party's actions.
- Supervisor's Accident Incident Investigation Report Form
Purchasing Card Forms
- Approver Reconciliation Manual
- Approver with a Card Reconciliation Manual
- Cardholder Reconciliation Manual
- Agreement Form
- Lost Receipt Form
- Monthly Purchasing Card Certification
- New Card Sign-Up Form
- Dispute Form
Policies and Procedures
- Agenda Item Request Form - Due Tuesday at noon the week prior to the meeting
- Agenda Packet Submittal Form - Due Thursday at noon prior to the meeting
- Click on this link to submit your final contracts and agreements to the Clerk's Office: Clerk Document Archive form. If you have any questions, please email Cassie Mason, Deputy City Clerk.
Other Forms and Policies