Non Resident Vendor License
To legally sell within the City of Gunnison, a transient merchant must do the following:
- Obtain and fill out a Transient Merchant License Application (Section 8.30.020)
- Submit a non-refundable $50.00 application fee, payable to the City of Gunnison
- Obtain a local business sponsor and have the business sponsor complete the Transient Merchant Sponsor Agreement (Section 8.30.060)
- Receive permission from the City's Community Development Department to sell in a properly zoned section of the City
- Obtain or have a current City of Gunnison Sales Tax License (Section 8.30.030(A))
- Post a $1,000 cash or $1,000 surety bond with the City. A surety bond shall be issued by a company licensed to conduct business in the State of Colorado and shall remain in effect for 9 months after the expiration date of the transient merchant license (Section 8.30.030(B)). A cash bond will be refunded after 9 months.
If you have any questions please contact the City Clerk's office at 970.641.8080.