Liquor Licensing


The City Council is the local licensing authority for any type of liquor license. The City Clerk is responsible for coordinating both the two-tier (local and state) licensing of establishments that sell and/or serve alcoholic beverages within the city limits. This process is highly regulated. Anyone wanting to obtain a new liquor license in the City of Gunnison, should contact the City Clerk at least 90 days before the opening of the establishment to allow for processing time.

Do I need a Special Event Liquor Permit?

For Special Events Liquor Permit, at least 45 days should be allowed.

To obtain a special event please read through the Informational Packet, fill out the Application, and have the persons serving at your event sign the sheet stating that they have read and understand the Server Information.
Special Event Liquor Permit: Application | Informational Packet | Server Information

Click on the link below to access the State of Colorado's Liquor Division Web Site. It contains information and forms required for the liquor licensing process. Colorado Department of Revenue Liquor Division - The "On-line Services" section of the page has links to forms, and info on Licenses & Permits.

For Liquor Tasting Permit Application please contact the City Clerk's office at 970.641.8080.