Click below for a map of construction project information and locations in the City of Gunnison:
Lazy K Park and Housing Project (West Tomichi)
Palisades Street, Curb, and Drainage Improvements
The Palisades Road & Drainage Improvement Project will be split between two calendar years. The first phase will take place in 2021 and will consists of realignment and added safety improvements to the intersection of 11th and Quartz Streets and Spencer Avenue. The second phase of the project will take place in 2022 and consists of paving and rehabilitation streets, installation of new curb & gutter, valley pans, ADA Ramps, tree removal, clearing and grubbing, drainage improvements, and landscaping repairs to disturbed areas in the Palisades Subdivision.
- Construction will begin the week of April 26 and will go through mid July.
- Parking: Staging for the project and resurfacing of the sidewalk will take up the 9 parking spots on east Virginia. The priority is to free up those parking spaces as soon as construction allows.
- Highway 50 Little Blue Creek Canyon: Scheduled to begin April 2021.
- May 26, 2021 Update from CDOT on Highway 50 Little Blue Creek Canyon Project. US 50 Full Road Closure Begins April 29
To sign up to receive project updates via email or text message, click here.
Click here for more information from the US Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration about the upcoming project.
- Homepage — Colorado Department of Transportation (codot.gov)