AN OPENING NOTE
Our current Public Health Orders focus on individual responsibility. Whether you’re a business owner, employee, or patron, it’s on us to adhere to strict social distancing protocols so we can begin to get back to life. We appreciate your patience as we build out a custom plan to adapt and transition into our current orders. We believe we have found the right balance between delivering on our promise that everyone deserves to be healthy and happy and ensuring our new operating procedures keep you and our staff healthy.
We have consulted with Gunnison County Public Health on our plans to start providing recreation services to ensure we are following all the requirements and have taken precautions above and beyond their recommendations.
If you’re ready to come see us, great! If you’re not, that is OK too. We’ll be ready to welcome you back when you are.
Stay healthy, stay safe, and stay 6 feet away!Gunnison Parks and Recreation
OUR COMMITMENT TO CONTAINMENT
Any facility or program that opens during the colored phases will still have social distancing requirements in place, and we will expect the following “Five Commitments of Containment” from all staff and users:
- I will stay home when I am sick.
- I will cover my face in public.
- I will maintain six feet of social distance.
- I will wash my hands often.
- I will get tested immediately if I have symptoms.
Staff will be required to undergo health screening each time they enter a facility or program, and will be sent home if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.Program and facility operations may also be closed or temporarily halted at any time during these re-opening phases
What can you expect from our programs?
- Each program will adhere to the current Gunnison County Public Health Order.
- Pools will open with confirmed reservations only.
- The Summer Adventure Camp will open on Wednesday, June 3rd.
- We have postponed most programming until we are allowed to gather in groups larger than 10. Programs that can take place with distancing and not using shared equipment (like tennis, mountain biking, yoga, Tae Kwon Do) will be the first to take place. We will be offering modified team sports but participants will need to have their own equipment.
- Senior fitness classes will take place by reservation only.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR FACILITY
OPEN with strict social distancing protocols
The Gunnison Community Aquatic Center is opening on a limited basis (lap lanes and basketball goals with confirmed reservation only). All City Parks, including the skate park are open, but with social distancing requirements. Keep groups of 25 or less to a minimum and keep over 10 feet of distance from other groups. Just like recreation during the stay-at-home order, it’s best to only use our fields and skate park with people that live with you.
OPERATING HOURS & PROCEDURES
The Gunnison Community & Aquatics Center pools will open with confirmed reservations under strict social distancing policies to keep our staff and patrons as safe as possible in our new normal. Please call to purchase a Pandemic Punch Card in advance. One Punch card will contain 10 punches (visits) and cost $40. A Drop in fee of $5 is also an option OR members can reactivate their dormant pass and start to use that as soon as they are ready to come back to the Community Center.
We’ll be open with adjusted hours to ensure that we keep to the mandated number of people and so that our staff can clean, disinfect, and sanitize the facility and all its common spaces, equipment, structures, and fixtures. Visitors must be at least 16 years old.
Gunnison Aquatic Centers Hours
Starting July 6th, 2020
Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Senior Swim 60+: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm, 2:45pm, 4:00pm Timeslots
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 12:15pm - 6:30pm
Tuesday: 6:00pm - 10:00am ; 2:00pm - 6:30pm
Thursday: 6:00am - 6:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 6:30pm
Reserve a lap lane, spot in the gym or leisure pool or for a senior exercise class call (970) 641-8060
LIMITED ACCESS PAYMENT
We are offering a "Pandemic Punch Card" and will contain 10 punches (visits to the Recd) and have a cost of $40. We are also taking drop in payments over the phone and will cost $5 per visit. Members can also reactivate their membership as soon as they are ready to come back.
WHAT DOES THIS LOOK LIKE?
- Our new social distancing & sanitization requirements for visitors will require you to adapt your workout to our new normal. Customers will be verbally screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the facility and will be required to wear a cloth face-covering.
- Hands sanitized at reservation check in.
- We have a system to reserve one hour workout times. All customers must reserve a space online, we will not be accepting walk-ins at this time. You must stay in the section you choose when registering. Please contact us at, (970) 641-8060 to set up a reservation.
The Aquatic center is opening in stages, we have many ideas for pop up programs as Gunnison County health orders change. More hours will be added as we hire more staff and are allowed to have more people in the building.
Reserve a workout time or class call (970) 641-8060
- We will be allowing 6 lap swimmers and 6 swimmers in the Leisure Pool for a pre-scheduled, HOUR time slot.
- All time slots must be reserved in advanced or there will be no entry into the Aquatics Center.
- Entry and exit for the aquatics center will be through the PATIO doors, please let us know if you need an ADA entrance.
- Reservations will go live at 1:00pm on Thursdays for the following week.
- 16 and older for individuals. Anyone 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult in their household.
- PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CARS UNTIL A MANAGER WAIVES YOU IN FOR THE START OF YOUR HOUR.
- We will be allowing 20 people in the gymnasium
- Entry and exit for the gymnasium will be through the Main Rec door
- No Pick up games
- 16 and older for individuals. Anyone 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult in their household.
We will continue to do senior fitness online
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:30-11AM
The password is 183247.
Meeting ID is 281-103-876
We will be offering some fitness classes outside and they require an online reservation we will not be taking walk-ins for our classes.
Classes will be held outside to start. Everyone will be required to wear face masks/coverings during the classes. If you’re not ready to see us in person yet, we will still be providing virtual fitness classes on our Gunnison Rec Fitness Community Facebook Group. Class participants must be at least 13 years old and ages 13 & 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
- A Gunnison Aquatic employee will be present to confirm your reservation, guide you to your section, and ensure that all guests adhere to the new regulations and practice appropriate pool etiquette.
- To assist guests in their social distancing efforts.
- Designated entrance and exit
- Swimmers will enter through the patio doors
- Deck walk ways will be one way and clearly marked
- No money will be exchanged at this point
- Lap pool
- 1 Swimmer per lane
- Leisure pool
- Two people on the bench at a time six feet apart.
- Walking / exercising / swimming all at a distant of six feet.
- Total of 6 people in the leisure pool at a time.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the Aquatics Center at this time.
- As a reminder Gunnison County Public Health states anyone over the age of 65 is still recommended to limit social contact.
- Reminders, guidelines, and announcements regarding healthy and safety precautions, expectations, and requirements will be visible throughout the facility.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available for use throughout the facility and bathrooms will have ample soap for hand washing.
- Each one-hour time block will be followed by a 15-minute sanitation/disinfection sweep performed by Gunnison Community Aquatic staff. There will be additional midday and end of day sanitation breaks for more extensive cleaning efforts.
- Social distancing floor markers will be provided throughout the facility to assist guests in their efforts to give others the appropriate amount of space.
- Only staff feeling healthy will be accepting shifts. :
Headache, sore throat, fever, dry cough, recent inability to taste or smell, shortness of breath, body aches, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain
YOUR PROMISE TO OTHERS
- For the safety and consideration of all guests, masks or face coverings that cover your nose and mouth must be worn at all times inside the facility. Guests must provide their own face coverings.
- Reserve one-hour time blocks to use the Gunnison Community Aquatic Center up to two days in advance. Until Gunnison Aquatic Center can operate without capacity restrictions, walk-in use will not be possible. Reservations must be made in advance but should not be made without excitement.
- Please do not arrive prior to the start of your reservation to allow guests to exit the building safely with social distancing in mind. Please be ready to exit the building when your reservation is over. There will be no overlap allowed between reservation groups.
- Bring only what you need and can keep with you. Locker rooms and lockers will not be available. (existing customers will be moved to hallway)
- Please come showered and ready to swim. Cabanas for bathroom use only.
- Please bring your own full water bottle. Drinking fountains are open and will be wiped down regularly, but we encourage you to bring your own water bottle.
- Observe proper social distancing while using the facility and stay six feet from your nearest neighbor or staff member. Even if you are related or live together, help set the example for all guests.
- Practice good hygiene, refraining from touching your eyes, nose and mouth, and coughing or sneezing into your elbow. Please blow your nose in the restroom where you can immediately wash your hands. Water gets the snot rolling be mindful of others.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please consider the health and wellness of your fellow patrons and stay home. Just don’t stay away forever! We would miss you.
- Failure to follow rules or staff instructions will result in loss of privileges.
You can restart your membership at any time and is TBD as to when all memberships will start again.
The Gunnison Community Center closed on March 14, 2020 and all memberships will be extended for the amount of time that the building was closed through the time when a member chooses to restart their membership.
The reason that we don't restart all memberships at this time is due to the fact that our facility is opening on a limited and restricted basis. The multi-purpose room, game room, and climbing wall are all still closed and many members utilize this facility for those amenities.
SENIOR MEALS PROGRAM (YOUNG AT HEART)
The Gunnison Community Center, including senior center will remain closed until clearance from Gunnison County.
The senior meals program will continue! Meals are available Monday/Wednesday/Friday for pick-up or delivery. To order in advance: 970-641-8272 (please leave a message with a phone number to call back) – we encourage advance ordering! Same day ordering, call before 9AM: 970-641-2107.