Procurement Under Grants Conducted Under Emergency or Exigent Circumstances for COVID-19
Gunnison County stakeholders may utilize these procurement guidelines during the COVID-19 response. Following these guidelines will help ensure eligibility for reimbursement for non-state entities by the Federal government.
- FEMA Disaster Financial Management Guide
- Introductory Letter for Public Health Emergency Beginning January 27, 2020
- COVID-19: Procurements under Grants during Periods of Exigency or Emergency (FEMA R8) April 2, 2020 Presentation
- Procurement Under Grants Conducted Under Exigent or Emergency Circumstances
- Procurement Under Grants Training - Requirements for Recipients and Subrecipients When Procuring Services and Supplies with Funding under Stafford Act Grant Programs
- Reasonable Cost Evaluation Job Aid
- Contract Template - use the Required Contract Provisions: Quick Reference Guide on page 4 to determine applicable of required clauses.
- Do not include a cost plus percentage of cost contract
- Time and materials contracts are highly discouraged, but are eligible in some circumstances
- Cannot state the FEMA cannot audit contract provisions or performance
- Must be a guaranteed maximum price (ceiling price)
- Cannot be debarred as noted on SAM.gov (also check Butter Business Bureau, Secretary of State, etc. - do your due diligence). This is regardless of contract amount, so make sure you check before signing!
- For more information, visit the FEMA Coronavirus site.
- April 10 Colorado Emergency Management Applicant Briefing.