Public Records

apple treesThe City Clerk has a records management program and retention schedule in place using Munimetrix software for the Clerk's Index and records. Any record information pertaining to the City of Gunnison is maintained by the City Clerk. 

To request access to Public Records please fill out the Open Records Request Form and deliver to the City Clerk at 201 W. Virginia Ave., Gunnison, Colorado 81230.

Colorado State Statutes allow three (3) working days for a search of the records. Per the State of Colorado Open Records Act (C.R.S. 24-72-203), if the request is substantially large, an extension of seven (7) working days is permitted. You will be notified prior to the three (3) working days of any extension and all estimated costs.

If you have any questions regarding Public Records please contact the City Clerk's office at 970.641.8080.