ELECTRONICS RECYCLINGThe CIty of Gunnison now accepts old electronics for recycling. Anything that plugs into the wall can be recycled except refrigerators. The City contracts with Metech Recycling for electronics recycling. Items may be taken to City of Gunnison Public Works, 1100 W. Virginia Ave, on Monday afternoons 1:30 - 4:00 pm. The following items are accepted:
- Small printers, fax machines, laptop computers, VCR or DVD players, phones, toasters and other lightweight items - $5.
- Flat screen computer monitor, tower, stereos components, microwavers, larger printers - $10.
- CRT computer monitor - $20
- Computer tower with CRT monitor and peripherals (mouse, keyboard and speakers) - $30
- Small TV - $20
- Medium - large TVs and other large items - $40 and up
We do not accept refrigerators or freezers for electronics recycling. Please call Gunnison County Landfill for disposal information. 970-641-5522.
We cannot accept any items that contain oil or other lubricants or fluids. We do not accept any items that contain mercury or other hazardous materials.Other recycling resources (click on link for more information):
Recla Metals in Montrose accepts copiers, printers, computer towers, laptops, cell batteries, and battery backups. Does NOT accept monitors or TVs.
Think Green From Home offers a prepaid, mail in recycling of CFLs, flourescent tubes, batteries, cell phones, electronics, computers, syringes, and lancets.
Everlights offers a mail in flourescent light bulb recycling program.